6.05.2013

4 days til swaziland

In case you hadn't noticed from the excessive posts on Twitter... Facebook... Instagram... and blog, I cannot stop thinking about Swaziland.  My thoughts this week have been consumed with what it's going to look like, how the kids are going to act and react, what will be my favorite memory, wondering if everything will go as "planned," and every other curiosity you could imagine.  

Not to mention the nine other team members.  As we are each in different phases of life, this last week of preparing for our journey is unique for everyone.  (Although I am sure everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off.)  Personally, I am juggling work, three weeks of an 8 week online class to make up for being gone, job search and interviews, packing, and planning and preparing other materials for our trip.  I have had stressful moments, but thinking about the kids' faces or worshiping together in the midst of a different language and culture has kept me going.  These experiences will be with me forever.  

But I keep thinking about this team!  I am about to spend 10 days on my first international journey with 9 people I only know because of this trip.  How cool is that?

I did hear today that the little girl I was planning to see and had picked out special items for at the store, moved from Njojane.  Little Ncedile won't be at the Care Pointe when we go to visit.  This is disappointing, but I am sure that there will be other kids that will love those things!  


"For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead." James 2:26 

No comments:

Post a Comment