5.11.2013

swaziland

Let me just tell you a little about where my heart and mind are this evening. 


On June 9-20, I will have the opportunity to travel to Swaziland on a Global Impact Trip with Connection Pointe Christian Church.  This was not an impulsive decision, but one that has years of thought and prayer behind it.  I have felt international missions on my heart for years, heard stories of other people going, passed up many opportunities, and finally made the decision to go in December.  I cannot tell you how excited I am to be stepping out in faith and to experience this journey. 

Swaziland has been hit by the HIV/AIDS pandemic – hard; it is estimated that the infection rate may be as high as 40%.  This has left many children in Swaziland vulnerable or orphaned.  Because the culture of Swaziland is so family-focused, extended family members care for the orphans, rather than place them in an orphanage. 

Connection Pointe has built a partner relationship with the community of Njojane in Swaziland.  Part of the partnership includes Connection Pointe families sponsoring more than 180 kids and feeding 350 each day.  Connection Pointe has also built a Care Pointe in Njojane to help ease the burden on these families, providing meals, teaching them about Christ, offering medical care, and helping with their education.  While I am in Njojane, we will spend the majority of the time on church camp activities, investing in the children and staff at the Care Pointe, and ultimately encouraging hope in their community. 

Want to help? There are two ways you can support me on this journey. 
   1. Pray for my team and me.  If you are interested in helping me in this way, please email me at emilyesnapp@gmail.com. I am hoping for a team of about 5-10 prayer warriors!
   2. Help fund my trip.  The total cost of the trip is $3,200.  If you would like to contribute in this way, you can make a tax-deductible gift to Connection Pointe Christian Church here: http://www.connectionpointechurch.org/globalgiving.

If you have any questions, or want to hear about my trip when I get home, please let me know.  This has been quite the journey for me already, and I want to share it with you. 

Thank you for hearing my story, and thank you for being part of it.

In His Service,

Emily Snapp
(317) 498-4799

No comments:

Post a Comment